Photos from December 2010 Wynwood Art Walk

By | December 12th, 2010 | 6 Comments

With Miami’s collective Art Basel hangover just wearing off, I expected a low turnout in Wynwood for Art Walk last night. I mean, you might have thought we had had it with the arty thing for a while. But the city showed up hungry for more aesthetic sustenance and the galleries obliged by serving up a lot of new work. Here are some pics from the night.

peepers

the spill gates
“The Spill Gates” by Alette Simmons-Jimenez (Artformz)

Hat

plaid ruffle

staring off

Wynwood Kitchen & Bar
The newly opened Wynwood Kitchen & Bar was packed.

hello

finger food
This could pass for a wax sculpture, no?

The Hero ii
Should the world ever need a sculpted commie to kill a giant, terrorist squirrel … “The Hero II” by Nestor Arenas (Ism Gallery)

Greg Pitts
Greg “The Black Jackson Pollock” Pitts at GAB Studio

by the wall

rocking

singer
Ketchy Shuby rocking the Wynwood Walls

walking

Visit our Facebook page to see more photos from the night, and click HERE for more local arts coverage.

6 Comments on “Photos from December 2010 Wynwood Art Walk”

1. 1 marco de carolis said at 3:56 pm on December 13th, 2010:

belle cose…

2. 2 Alette Simmons-Jimenez said at 11:21 am on December 14th, 2010:

See the making of “The Spill Gates” created by 250 people visiting Wynwood during Miami Art Basel Week 2010.

3. 3 Alette Simmons-Jimenez said at 11:22 am on December 14th, 2010:

visit:

4. 4 Alan Lupiani said at 7:00 pm on December 14th, 2010:

Dear Gregory Pitts and Miami Friends,

Thanks for sending me the link to this page. Great pics. I made many new friends in Miami during Art Basel Miami Beach and can’t wait to come back. Big shout out to Wynwood’s Sara Stites, http://www.sarastites.com, who help me out tremendously during my stay in Miami! Sarah is a great artist and I can’t wait to come back to visit her studio again. Keep doing what you all do, Miami’s got it goin! You all rock! Generous, talented and kind people!

5. 5 Erni Vales said at 11:15 am on January 11th, 2011:

I just love having my exhibition space down here in Wynwood, its been such an amazing experience so far!

6. 6 Black Jackson Pollock said at 11:23 pm on February 7th, 2011:

I love exhibiting in the wynwood district. For those who experience spending time with me its like family. I love talking to people who take time to look at my work. after all its an art/walk. I invite everyone to come see me @ GAB STUDIO 105 NW 23rd . Look for the guy with the suit and bow-tie.