With the sun setting on 2010, we had set out to compile a list of the Top Ten Miami New Year’s Eve Events Under $20 but quickly realized such a list would of necessity include several flat-out lies. There’s precious little going on in Miami this NYE that will cost you less than $20, and on that short list few of the items deserve top-ten designation. I know there are a lot of folks out there touting and tweeting Miami’s end of the year bona fides, but to be honest, in my experience, NYE in the MIA tends to suck. Of course, this could very well indicate a lack of imagination (or money) on my part. So, in an effort to avoid another Magic City NYE devolving into a whiskey-fueled game of Cranium, we’ve decided to take a cue from wiki culture and make this list open-source. I’ll get it started with a few of the cheaper events I found that have potential. We would LOVE for you guys to add to the list in the comment thread. Feel free to suggest any events, including house parties, that you think are a worthwhile way to kiss 2010 goodbye. Together, God willing, we can make this New Year’s Eve one to remember.
1. Dropping of the Pig @ Lou’s Beer Garden (FREE)
2. Agape feat. Nadia Harris @ Bardot ($10)
3. The Lee Boys @ Revolution ($22)
4. Roaring 20s New Year’s Party @ Transit Lounge ($10)
5. Art Department et al. @ Electric Pickle ($20)
6. The State Of @ Vagabond ($10)
7. Miami Critical Mass @ Government Center (FREE)