Langerado 2011 lineup announced

By | June 1st, 2011 | 11 Comments

After a two-year hiatus due to financial disarray, Langerado Music Festival has just announced its 2011 lineup, which includes hippy deity Trey Anastasio, Ghostland Observatory, and Ween, as well as several crossover acts like Yuck, Das Racist, and Smith Westerns.

Revived by C3 Presents, the well-oiled machine behind Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Music Festival (and their notorious radius clauses), Langerado will take place on Oct. 8 and 9 in Markham Park in Sunrise. Cause for celebration for some, though anecdotal evidence suggests C3’s decision to shake up the festival’s usually all-jam-band roster may not go over well with the hula-hooping hacky-sackers who traditionally attend Langerado. Overheard on Facebook: “I’d rather eat cow shit and walk to Deluna Fest. When you’re dead, you’re dead.” (FB needs a “fair enough” button.)

It remains to be seen whether C3’s strategy pays off. Obviously, some folks are bristling at how “Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell” may affect their precariously situated vibe. On the other hand, are fans of Das Racist and the other atypicals on Langerado’s lineup going to fork over $150 for “Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell” couched between 40-minute versions of 20-minute Grateful Dead songs?

Not sure, but I think we can all agree that no one gives a shit about Death Cab.

Here’s the full lineup.

Trey Anastasio Band
Two Fresh
Ween
Wolfgang Gartner
Yuck

See you there?

Follow Beached Miami on Twitter (@beachedmiami) and Facebook.

11 Comments on “Langerado 2011 lineup announced”

1. 1 Mig said at 2:44 pm on June 1st, 2011:

All I know is I snatched up tickets for $75. You can’t beat that. Pretty sure I’d fork over $150 for this lineup, but only because it’s in South Florida. I don’t think I’d road trip for this.

2. 2 William said at 4:05 pm on June 1st, 2011:

$75 is totally worth it. Not sure if I’d do a buck fitty though. From what everyone is saying there is no camping, so road tripping would be a bear.

3. 3 verdantsky said at 5:30 pm on June 1st, 2011:

I guess orange tree huggers and jam band enthusiasts can look to the bear creek festival, I hear it’s got a good lineup too. damn, I think the last festival I went to was a lollapalooza back in 97… how much does bottled water go for these days at festivals? = /

4. 4 Mig said at 5:39 pm on June 1st, 2011:

Damn. I thought camping was included. Is that something they changed?

That sucks.

5. 5 William said at 6:02 pm on June 1st, 2011:

@Mig – Langerado’s website doesn’t address camping at all, even in the FAQ section surprisingly. I’m waiting to hear back from them, but everyone is under the impression that there will be no camping. Will post here when I find out.

@Verdant – Langerado-ites are definitely drooling over Bear Creek’s lineup. I was at Lolla last year and water quite as much as the Truffle Fries or Lobster Dogs. Yeah.

6. 6 John said at 9:41 pm on June 1st, 2011:

The Langerado website definitely says no camping, though I forget exactly where.

7. 7 Mig said at 11:19 am on June 2nd, 2011:

yeah, I’m an idiot. Not sure why I thought there was camping.

I’m rewording my previous statement, there’s a 0% chance I’d road trip for this.

8. 8 ROOFLESS said at 12:39 pm on June 2nd, 2011:

this lineup is embarassing

9. 9 Leah said at 1:13 pm on June 2nd, 2011:

Thievery Corporation, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and Mates of State would be worth seeing, but $150 won’t work for my budget.

10. 10 William said at 3:40 pm on June 8th, 2011:

Just got email back from Langerado official:

“There is no camping at Langerado 2011. However, there are opportunities to camp in and around Sunrise, Florida”

Unfortunately, the same can be said of any place on earth.

11. 11 sarah said at 12:16 pm on August 15th, 2011:

I got a campsite in markham park, theres about 88 campsites.