Spookover at the Deering Estate

By | October 27th, 2011 | 12 Comments

Most people ain’t afraid of no ghosts. The brothers Campbell are. In an attempt to conquer that fear in time for the Sketchy Halloween Party this Saturday (RSVP), they recently visited one of the most haunted places in South Florida, the Deering Estate, in the comforting company of the League of Paranormal Investigators. A Miami-based team dedicated to investigating spirit and paranormal activities, the LPI is hosting a Spookover at the Deering Estate on Friday night. If you enjoy being terrified, you should go. This video will give you a sense of the bejeezus expulsion that awaits you.

We at Beached Miami love Halloween, so much so we’re throwing a Halloween party at Awarehouse on Saturday night. There’s going to be live art, live music, Halloween costumes, tales of terror, booze, food, and blood. Basically, everything you need to have a good time on Halloween weekend in Miami. To RSVP, visit the Facebook event page.

If you’re bloodthirsty for more Halloween footage, check out these two videos from earlier in the month:

Robby and Robby debate where to spend this Halloween, and someone gets hurt
“Looking For Love at the Lincoln Road Zombie Walk”

12 Comments on “Spookover at the Deering Estate”

1. 1 arielle said at 10:06 am on October 27th, 2011:

“in the end we learned, ghosts are just like people– except they’re DEAD”

2. 2 Jordan Melnick said at 10:23 am on October 27th, 2011:

Arielle, I’d say that’s a pretty big distinction. Also, that wasn’t the lesson of the video. The lesson was, the brothers Campbell have too much time on their hands and too many Ghostbuster costumes in their closets.

3. 3 Maria de los Angeles said at 10:37 am on October 27th, 2011:

That was great! Thanks for interviewing my sister. I’ve been to the Deering Estate events several times but I never get spooked … I’ve done yoga there as well.
    The events are fun to attend though, especially if you don’t know the history of the estate.

4. 4 Geoff said at 10:48 am on October 27th, 2011:

@Maria
    Your sister was really nice. It was a pleasure meeting her. We had a lot of fun that night. The ghosts did get upset with us though.

5. 5 Ymilsis Moll said at 11:08 am on October 27th, 2011:

You guys are so funny. I really enjoyed meeting you and the making of this video. It came out great, I love the romantic singing!

Thanks for getting us (LPI) on your site.

We have investigated the Deering Estate many times, and yes… they are there, ghost, spirits etc… it is rated very high on our list of ” Haunted Locations in Miami “.

If you dont believe me, ask my sister Maria de los Angeles or just come over to the “Be your own Investigator” tonight or to the Spookover tomorrow night!

Thank you guys! Hugs

6. 6 Erin Chainani said at 11:10 am on October 27th, 2011:

Do you think the Campbell funny gene will carry on into the afterlife?

7. 7 Jordan Melnick said at 11:19 am on October 27th, 2011:

Erin, I’m not sure it’s carried onto into the latest generation.

8. 8 Geoff Campbell said at 11:27 am on October 27th, 2011:

My ghost will definitely be doing stand up at the Deering Estate.

9. 9 Maria de los Angeles said at 12:48 pm on October 27th, 2011:

@geoff, I have always wanted to ask that Deering kid if he played Mario …

10. 10 Ymilsis Moll said at 1:00 pm on October 27th, 2011:

I dont think that Mr. Deering grandson knew about Mario, but it is never too late, he still have a chance to learn!

@ Geoff… the ghost of Gloria said to say hi to you… she really liked you! Dont forget her!!! LOL

11. 11 Shannon Pena said at 2:55 pm on October 27th, 2011:

Thank you guys for making a great video. It came out amazing! I had a great time meeting you all. You guys are a group of young and talented individuals and I can not wait to see what you guys have in store for us in Miami lol :)

Also, thanks for putting us (LPI) and Deering on your site!

PS: Did anything weird happen to you guys at home after your visit to the estate? :P

12. 12 Robby Campbell said at 7:26 pm on October 27th, 2011:

Thank you Shannon and Ymilsis! You guys are the coolest. Shannon, Nothing weird yet. Unless you consider a phantom turkey living in my car weird.