Panther Coffee building vandalized

By | February 20th, 2012 | 7 Comments

As if pioneering specialty coffee in Miami weren’t enough, the proprietors of Panther Coffee are two of the nicest people you’ll meet and good Wynwood neighbors to boot. Their reward? A slathering of a tar-like substance across their building’s facade. One simple question: Why? Ponder it while having a cup of coffee there this week.

Panther Coffee Tarred
— photo by Andrew Foster

7 Comments on “Panther Coffee building vandalized”

1. 1 BadPanda said at 12:30 pm on February 20th, 2012:

That is messed up.. I hate to see local neighborhood supporters get vandalized like that.. Panther has my support on painting over the splatter poop!

2. 2 tagged said at 1:00 pm on February 20th, 2012:

looks like art to me

3. 3 Gold Dust Lounge said at 1:15 pm on February 20th, 2012:

Wtf? Thats a total drag!

4. 4 LAX2MIA said at 1:39 pm on February 20th, 2012:

Here now and just saw it. Don’t know what these morons were trying to do by defacing the building, “Forget the Syrian consulate, let’s mess up that menacing coffeehouse.” In a weird way the splatter on the glass door looks cool though.

5. 5 El Serge Cruz said at 10:12 am on February 21st, 2012:

Unbelievable… I’ll definately be by this week to show some love

6. 6 Kins said at 7:50 pm on February 21st, 2012:

Morbidly so, but at least they weren’t robbed? Its a tough town. This ain’t Portland.

I love their coffee and what they do and I’ve been telling all my friends about it. I’ll go give them my hugs too.

7. 7 kaelsie said at 9:54 pm on February 21st, 2012:

There are some seriously stupid haters out there.

At this point, we know two things:

1. the security company stinks.

2. they need surveillance cameras along that street.