Update: The prepay period is officially over! If you did not prepay for the Hunt, you can not participate. Please do not show up on Saturday expecting to pay in person. We will not be accepting any team registration fees on the day of the Hunt. — 11/8/12, 12:10 p.m.
Attention sly cyclists of Miami: On Saturday, November 10, Beached Miami and Emerge Miami invite you to take part in the second-annual Miami Bike Hunt for a chance to win amazing prizes. Here’s how it works:
– Form a two-person team (no more, no less)
– Tackle an inexhaustible list of fun South Beach-based challenges (provided by us on the day of the hunt)
– To earn points, share photos of completed challenges via Twitter with the hashtag #bikehunt305 (at least one team member must have a Twitter account and a way to upload photos to Twitter on the fly)
– The team with the most points at the end of the hunt wins the grand prize
On that note …
The Grand Prize
Alas, grand prizes aren’t always so grand. This is NOT the case for this year’s Miami Bike Hunt. In fact, our grand prize is awesome. Thanks to the very cool people at Republic Bike, the members of the team that racks up the most points during the hunt will each get a $400 gift card to purchase one of the company’s beautiful bikes (see photos below) or anything else Republic Bike sells.
These are two examples of Republic Bikes. If you win a $400 gift card, you will be able to choose a model and customize it however you like.
Yes, there’s more! Thanks to our sponsors, Bike Hunt teams will also have a chance to win the following prizes:
– A pair of one-year deluxe DecoBike memberships with helmets
– A pair of tickets to the Regina Spektor concert at the Fillmore Miami Beach on Saturday, November 17
– A pair of $20 gift cards for Panther Coffee, which is getting ready to open a new location in South Beach
– A pair of one-year memberships to the Miami Beach Cinematheque AND two pairs of tickets to any of its upcoming Buster Keaton screenings
– A pair of $10 gift cards for Sweat Records
– A five-pack of yoga classes for two at Green Monkey
Grolsch After Party
After the Hunt, all riders can cool down with a bottle of Grolsch at Purdy Lounge, where we will announce the winners. Of course, after a day of fun bike hunting, everyone will be a winner. Cheers to that.
Without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about the event:
Date: Saturday, November 10
Facebook Event Page: HERE
Start Point: Maurice Gibb Memorial Park (1700 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139)
Registration Period: 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. (please show up early to sign in)
Start Time: 1 p.m. sharp
End Time: 3:30 p.m. sharp (we will not count challenge photos tweeted after this point)
End Point: Purdy Lounge (1811 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139)
Finally, here’s the flyer. Click on it to visit the Facebook event page.