Ready or not, Art Basel is upon us. In past years, we have attempted to be everywhere and capture everything during the extended week of art madness, swelling our cameras’ memory cards to the bursting point and running ourselves ragged in the process. This year we have a different plan, and it involves you.
From Dec. 5 – Dec. 9, we want you to share your Basel experience with us by posting photos on Instagram with the hashtag #beachedbasel. The photos can be of anything that is Basel-related, from a celebrity spotting at the main fair to a graffiti artist tagging a wall in Wynwood to a private party on an island in the middle of Biscayne Bay to a surprise LCD Soundsystem set in an abandoned warehouse to a pop-up performance by a no-name artist on a deserted downtown street corner. Any photo that epitomizes your Basel experience is welcome.
“What’s In It For Me?”
Good question. By sharing photos on Instagram with the hashtag #beachedbasel, you are automatically eligible to win one of several great prizes:
1. A customized Dutch Republic Bike courtesy of Grolsch ($499 value)
2. A $50 gift card from Yardbird Southern Table & Bar (that’ll get you a lot of fried chicken)
3. A gloriously nutty gift basket from KIND Snacks ($150 value)
4. A Film Buff membership to O Cinema, which gets you a 30% discount on movie tickets, free admission to special events, and a free O Cinema t-shirt ($200 value)
“How do you pick the winners?”
Another good question. The winning photos will be our favorite photos. Simple and subjective as that. We will announce the winners on Tuesday, December 11, and reach out to them via Instagram with instructions on how to claim their winnings.
Yes, just a few more things:
2. We will only count #beachedbasel photos shared between Wednesday, December 5, and Sunday, December 9
3. Keep in mind that you can share as many #beachedbasel photos on Instagram as you’d like and that we may give extra weight to photos that have a lot of likes. So share ‘em far and wide!
4. If you win a prize, you must be able to receive it in Miami (we’re not shipping a bike to Zurich, for example)
That’s it! Happy Basel-ing! We can’t wait to see your #beachedbasel photos!