Attention sly cyclists of Miami: On Saturday, November 10, Beached Miami and Emerge Miami invite you to take part in the second-annual Miami Bike Hunt for a chance to win amazing prizes. Here’s how it works:
– Form a two-person team (no more, no less)
– Tackle an inexhaustible list of fun South Beach-based challenges (provided by us on the day of the hunt) and share photo proof via Twitter with the hashtag #bikehunt305 to earn points (at least one team member must have a Twitter account and a way to upload photos to Twitter on the fly)
– The team with the most points at the end of the hunt wins the grand prize
On that note …
The Grand Prize
Alas, grand prizes aren’t always so grand. This is NOT the case for this year’s Miami Bike Hunt. In fact, our grand prize is awesome. Thanks to the very cool people at Republic Bike, the members of the team that racks up the most points during the hunt will each get a $400 gift card to purchase one of the company’s beautiful bikes (see photos below) or anything else Republic Bike sells.
The actual color of the bikes may vary. Their spiffyness will not.
Yes, there’s more! Thanks to our sponsors, Bike Hunt teams will also have a chance to win the following prizes:
– A pair of tickets to the Regina Spektor concert at the Fillmore Miami Beach on Saturday, November 17
– A pair of $20 gift cards for Panther Coffee, which is getting ready to open a new location in South Beach
– A pair of one-year memberships to the Miami Beach Cinematheque AND two pairs of tickets to any of its upcoming Buster Keaton screenings
– A pair of $10 gift cards for Sweat Records
Grolsch After Party
After the Hunt, all riders can cool down with a bottle of Grolsch at the Burger & Beer Joint, where we will announce the winners. Of course, after a day of fun bike hunting, everyone will be a winner.
To take part in the hunt, each team must pay a $10 fee (each team, not each person). That small sum gets you a chance to win two $400 Republic Bike gift cards, a handful of other great prizes, and drink specials at the after party. In the industry, we call this a NO BRAINER. Yes, you can pay for your team on the day of the ride, but keep in mind two things:
1. The hunt is capped at 60 teams, so you may not get to take part if you wait
2. Teams that prepay for the ride start with 50 points
In other words, prepaying is a great idea. To do so, click the “Buy Now” button below:
Without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about the event:
Date: Saturday, November 10
Event Page URL: www.beachedmiami.com/bikehunt
Start Point: Maurice Gibbs Memorial Park (1700 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139)
Registration Period: 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. (please show up early to sign in)
Start Time: 1 p.m. sharp
End Time: 3:30 p.m. sharp (we will not count challenge photos tweeted after this point)
End Point: Burger & Beer Joint (1766 Bay Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139)
Finally, here’s the flyer.